VET done differently
To be the BEST VET Program for Secondary Schools in Australia
VET Lab for Schools currently only offers ONE VET program- the SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation delivered through partnership arrangements in Secondary Schools (VETDSS)
Our program is clustered, industry validated and designed specifically for delivery in the Secondary School environment. We provide unlimited support to teachers, including a tailored induction program, targeted professional development and networking opportunities, and structured program monitoring meetings.
Students can engage with our interactive learning material, professional videos and a range of other support materials to enhance learning.
Assessment is conducted in a practical nature with industry relevant scenarios, using industry based software, techniques and practices.
Interactive & Contextualised Learning
No boring Unit by Unit workbooks. This is a contextualised learning program divided into six learning topics, with interactive learning materials and relevant industry validated learning scenarios.
Assessment is divided and clustered into six learning and assessment topics. Assessments are practical, engaging and cover all knowledge and skill requirements.
Unlimited! If you have a question, call, email, text, send a pigeon. We provide you with the learning session plans, assessment schedules, assessor guides etc, but if you need extra help…we are ready!
FREE Professional Development
We only accept a limited number of schools to our program so we can provide tailored professional development to the teachers delivering the program. It’s at no extra cost, because it’s about maintaining quality in our program.
Embedded Continuous Improvement
We update our learning and assessment ANNUALLY, based on student and teacher feedback and industry consultation. Feedback is compulsory so we can live our vision of BEST RTO for schools in Australia.
From enquiry to certification, we oversee the whole process and do all the heavy lifting, giving teachers time to teach while we do the administration!
Entry Requirements for Partner Schools
Schools who wish to partner with us to deliver the SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation will need to undertake a “Pre-Partnership Check” to ensure they have the right facilities, equipment and personnel to run the program. Schools are also required to participate in mandatory monitoring meetings each term to provide feedback about the learning and assessment and student progression.
Applications are considered on a case by case basis. For more information about our program, including units of competency and program structure, please contact Casey Helman
- Ensuring your proposed staff hold approved training and assessment competency (TAE40116 or
equivalent) relevant vocational competency and sport and recreation experience.
- Ensuring your proposed staff hold a valid Working with Children Check (according to your state or
territory) and National Police Check OR a Teaching Registration certification (such as VIT)
Venue, Equipment & IT requirements
- Confirming you have adequate facilities and equipment to conduct the practical component of the course such as sports facilities like ovals, open space, sports courts, multipurpose courts etc and sports equipment (we will collect photo evidence)
- Ensuring your School is aware of and equipped to allow student to access the learning content via
our online platform (embedded into our website)
- Ensuring Schools have a minimum of 5 hours per week timetabled for the delivery and assessment
of the program.
- Adequate classroom space to conduct theory lessons.
Partnership main contacts
- Collecting information about your main points of contact for reporting requirements. i.e., VET and VASS Coordinators etc. VET Lab for Schools collates and sends you all your required information
for your reporting.
Applications for 2023 are now OPEN
Schools wanting to apply for 2023 can register their interest with Casey Helman at email@example.com