Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. We are registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). Our registration number is 45623
You can view our registration on training.gov.au here: https://training.gov.au/Organisation/Details/45623
We deliver the SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation as a VET delivered to Secondary School program through approved School Partners.
No. To deliver nationally accredited training, you must have the qualification, accredited course or unit of competency on your scope of registration. We currently have the SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation on scope.
Yes. VET Lab for Schools offers Recognition of Prior Learning.
The competencies in this training package may be attained via:
- formal or informal education and training
- experience in the workplace
- general life experience, and/or
- any combination of the above.
Students are offered the chance to RPL aspects of the course upon enrollment. VET Lab for Schools completes the assessment of applications, not partner schools.
Unit by unit delivery does not allow the student to work on realistic tasks expected in a workplace. It also means, if not contextualized properly, it becomes a bit repetitive
We cluster our learning and assessment for streamlined and holistic delivery. This enables the student to work on a range of project based tasks that are realistic to industry expectations and scaffold the learning experience.
No. The way the assessment have been designed, if a student withdraws at the end of a term, they will still get a range of units of competency (if they have successfully completed the assessments)
Core units of the SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation
- BSBWHS303 Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- ICTWEB201 Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement
- SISXCAI003 Conduct non-instructional sport, fitness or recreation sessions
- SISXCAI004 Plan and conduct programs
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
- SISXEMR001 Respond to emergency situations
We also incorporate the core units from the Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority for students completing their senior school certificate. These are;
- SISXCAI006 Facilitate groups
- SISXRES002 Educate user groups
- SISSSCO001 Conduct sport coaching with foundation level participants
When students undertake the SIS30115 Certificate III in Sport and Recreation program as part of their VET in Schools program, students can choose to undertake scored assessment to contribute to their VCE results.
Students undertaking this certificate are eligible for up to five VCE VET units on their VCE or VCAL statement of results:
- three VCE VET Units at Units 1 and 2 level
- a VCE VET Units 3 and 4 sequence.
VCE VET credit will accrue in the following order: Units 1, 2, 3, 4 and 1. These units of credit may be accumulated over more than one year.